1and 1 is one of the more complicated website builders to use. Before beginning, there is the hassle to register and pay before you can start designing a website. But after paying and choosing a package plan, it is then relatively easy to design your website. For a newbie to web design, it will take a little time to get used to.
Unlike some website builders like web.com, there are about 200 different website layouts under each category to choose from, while this is a good variety and everyone would be sure to find their right style, this makes it a little annoying and time consuming to find the perfect layout.
Designing Your Website
1and1 has a variety of different business categories to choose from. You can choose your background header image from a list of different options, or you can upload your own image. Unlike most other website builders, 1and1 allows you to change the position, brightness, and sharpness of the header image. The title is placed directly on the header image, so you can give the title its own background and change the opacity of that background. This is a disadvantage because it does not allow you to remove the title from the header image, so it blocks some of the header image.
Drag and Drop to Insert Elements
1and1 also has a drag and drop feature where it allows you insert new sections and apps to the website like text boxes, tables, images and many more.
- You can change the website layout at anytime.
- All your previous information that you entered while creating your account is automatically on your website when you select a layout, this could remove some hassle of trying to individually fill out everything again.
- Unlike other website builders such as Wix and Spuarespace, 1and1 requires you to pay before you can choose a design layout.
- The title is placed directly on the header image, and even though you can give the title its own background and change the opacity of that background, this is a disadvantage because it does not allow you to remove the title from the header image, thus blocking some of the header image.
- 1and1 also allows you to upload a logo to your page, but again, the logo would be confined within the spaces of the header image, once again blocking a part of the header image.
- They don’t have a free trial for users that are not used to it to give it a test drive.