Web.com is a good website builder to create websites for different kinds of services. It comes with different categories to choose from, like, art and media, business, clothing and fashion, and many more. Set-up is not as quick and easy as most other website builders, because it requires you to choose a domain name based on availability, and that could take some time. Below are a few more pros and cons I encountered while using the Web.com website builder.
- One good thing about Web.com is that they allow you to use your own domain name from the start. Unlike other website builders, you don’t have to have a subdomain with the website builder’s name attached to it.
- Unlike other website builders, the prices for the different packages they offer are relatively inexpensive.
- Unlike other website builders, Web.com requires you to pay before you can create an account and even choose a design layout.
- When using the web.com site builder, once you choose the category of your business, you are given a short list of themes to use. Unlike other websites like Weebly, Squarespace, and Shopify, there’s not a variety of themes to choose from under each category.
- After you publish, it takes a long time to load your real website.
Quick and Easy Way to Give Feedback
Web.com also has a feedback feature where their users can suggest any new feature they would like to see on the website builder, and also anything they think would make building a website easier for them.
New Photo Album Feature
Web.com has a new photo album feature that lets its users post photo collages their website, choosing from two slide-show themes, and also allows them to share the photos on their album on their social network.
Webs.com offers three package options:
- Website Builder
This package allows you to choose a free domain name, and comes with over nine thousand design layouts to choose from. This package also comes with a do-it-yourself website builder.
- Website and Online Marketing
This package comes with everything in the Website Builder package, and will also include a business profile in local search engines. Your website will also be submitted to Search Engines which include but is not limited to Google, Yahoo and Bing. This will let people see your website when they search in search engines. It also comes with a consultation with a Webs.com expert in Search Engine Optimization. This will be sure to increase popularity of your website and business.
- Website, Marketing, and Store
This package comes with everything in the Website and Online Marketing package, and will also allow you to sell up to five hundred products online, accepting your visitors’ credit card information securely and also includes strong email marketing tools.